The City of Falls Church is committed to protecting online privacy and to ensuring the security of information collected on the City of Falls Church website. In accordance with Virginia Code 2.1-380.B, the following explains the Internet Privacy and Security Policy that the City of Falls Church has adopted for its website. The city reserves the right to amend this policy at any time without notice.
User routing information and the essential information listed below is automatically collected upon accessing the City of Falls Church website. The city does not
collect personal data from users accessing the site, except when users deliberately submit it to the website (for example, by clicking on the "Contact Us" link to send an email).
Choice to Provide Information
- Routing information: the Internet domain and Internet address of your computer.
- Essential technical information: identification of the page or service requested, type of browser and operating system being used, and the date and time of access.
There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information to this website. However, this website will not work without routing information and the essential technical information.
How the Collected Information is Used
Any collected data or personal information voluntarily submitted to the website, including and similar to name, address, telephone number, and email address, will not be released, sold, rented or otherwise disclosed to any entities or individuals unless:
- Federal law requires disclosure of user's IP address, domain name, organization;
- There is a need to respond to a deliberate act of sabotage and/or damage against the city's website;
- There is a need to respond to a subpoena, court order, and/or legal process;
- There is a need to comply with a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. Any records in our possession at the time of a FOIA request might be subject to inspection by or disclosure to members of the public for any purpose they may desire. The City of Falls Church is required to respond to requests under the Commonwealth of Virginia's FOIA.
This website places per-session cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small computer file containing an identification number, which is placed on your personal computer when accessing this website. It is not a computer program. It cannot read the contents of a user's disk. This practice is strictly enforced. Per-session cookies expire as soon as the user's computer session is terminated.
You can set web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely. You can delete the files that contain cookies. The files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
Any person is hereby authorized to browse the city website for informational purposes. Information may be printed or downloaded from the website for non-commercial, personal use only, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the material are retained. No person may sell, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, use, or create derivative works based on the content of the website in whole or part for any purpose without written permission from the City of Falls Church government.
Questions about City of Falls Church Web site privacy and security should be directed to the Office of Communications at 703-248-5003 (TTY 711) or by email