To obtain a new Precious Metals Dealer's Permit in the City of Falls Church you must do the following :
- Complete the City of Falls Church Precious Metal Dealer's Permit Application, and have completed application notarized by a Notary Public.
- Complete the City of Falls Church Precious Metals Dealer's Bond form, and have completed form notarized by a Notary Public.
- Obtain documentation that all weighing devices used in the business have been inspected and approved by local or state weights and measures official. You may contact the Warrenton Office at (540) 347-6383 or by mail:
Virginia Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
Division of Consumer Protection
Office of Product & Industry Standards
PO Box 1163 - Room 402
Richmond, VA 23218
- Contact Detective Henderson at via email or 703-248-5067 (TTY 711) to make an appointment to complete the rest of the application. The appointment with the detective entails fingerprinting, digital photograph, and background check.
- Submit a payment of $250 annual application fee to the City Treasurer.
Please visit the Virginia General Assembly's Legislative Information System for a review of the Virginia Code
pertaining to the precious metals dealer's license.