Business Registration, License & Taxes

  1. Alcoholic Beverage License

    The Alcoholic Beverage Commission exercises a monopoly over the importation and sale of alcoholic beverages other than beer and wine and issues licenses for the manufacture of liquor, the wholesale of beer and wine, the sale of beer and wine and the sale of spirits by the drink.

  2. Business License & Tax Forms

    Access city business license and federal tax information.

  3. Business Tangible Personal Property Tax

    The City of Falls Church levies a tax on tangible personal property (TPP) used in a trade or business (furniture, fixtures, machinery, and tools) located in the city on January 1.

  4. Certificate of Occupancy

    A request for an application for a Certificate of Occupancy must be filed with the City of Falls Church Department of Environmental Services.

  5. Opening a Business in the City

    New commercial and professional enterprises should contact the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office for license requirements prior to opening a business in the city.

  6. Business Closure

    Closing an Existing Business

  7. Contractor Requirements - Working in the City