Enjoy these three free family fun activities July 3 and 4 in the City of Falls Church!
Join us on Sunday, July 3 from 2-5pm for a scavenger hunt in and around three of our local parks.
Picture clues of where letters are hidden will be posted on the City's social media Twitter: FallsChurchGov, Instagram: fallschurchgov and Facebook: City of Falls Church Government as well as on the City's website www.fallschurchva.gov/IndependenceDay at 1pm on SUNDAY, JULY 3.
1. Check the clues.
2. Determine which park the picture was taken in and visit the park.
3. Search the park until you find the item from the picture clue. A letter will be attached.
4. Write down the letter that correlates with the image on the tracking sheet.
5. Turn your tracking sheet in at the Cherry Hill Shelter.
6. A special treat will be waiting for you.
Come enjoy the Quantico Marine Corps Band on Sunday, July 3 at 5pm in Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.). The Quantico Marine Corps Band is one of the oldest professional musical ensembles in the Marine Corps and plays over 300 community concerts along the Eastern Seaboard every year. Seating will not be provided - guests are encouraged to bring blankets, chairs and a picnic. The concert will be held rain or shine.
Monday, July 4
Join the Falls Church Village Preservation and Improvement Society for their annual reading of the Declaration of Independence at 12noon in City Council Chambers (City Hall, 300 Park Ave.)
If you have suggestions for next year, please take a minute to fill out our survey.