Posted on: March 16, 2020
Information About Library Closure
In response to COVID-19, the library is closed until further notice. Learn more about what library programs and services will be available during the closure.
Library Building Closed, Programs Moved Online, Curbside Service Now Available
- The library building (temporary location at 601 S. Oak Street) is closed to the public until further notice.
- All programs and events - including offsite programs - have been either cancelled or moved online. Learn more...
- Curbside pickup service (by appointment) is now available.
- Please check our online calendar for a list of specific programs and cancellations.
- Print IRS tax forms will be unavailable until the library reopens.
Due Dates & Returning Items
- All due dates will be automatically extended until further notice.
- Patrons are asked to hold on to items already checked out until the library reopens.
- The book drop outside 601 S. Oak Street is closed and will not be accessible while the library is closed.
- Books can, however, be returned while using our curbside pickup service.
- Overdue fines will be suspended for the period the library is closed.
Reserves & Interlibrary Loan Requests
- Reserves on library items may be placed online and picked up using our curbside service.
- No new interlibrary loan requests will be accepted while the library is closed.
- Reserves on items in digital collections (ebooks, digital audiobooks, etc) will continue normally.
New Cards, Expiring or Blocked Cards
- Library card expiration dates will be extended while the library building is closed.
- The fine/fee limit has been temporarily raised so card holders are not blocked from accessing Digital Collections and online resources.
- We are currently still processing new library card applications. More information about cards and signing up online is available at www.fallschurchva.gov/GetaLibraryCard. Once we have processed a card, we will email individuals their login information to provide them with access to our Digital Collection and online Research Tools while we are closed.
- Our online Digital Collection and Research Tools are available 24/7 for MRSPL card holders.
- The collection includes eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming movies, magazines, comics and graphic novels, music, and learning modules.
- Learn more...
Contact Us During the Closure
- Library staff continue to check voicemail, email, and text messages (703-520-2484) Monday through Friday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Staff are also active on library social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- View our Contact Us page for a full list of ways to contact us.
Updates & Additional Info: