The library is proud to introduce meeScan, our new library app! What can you do in the app?
- Pick up your items! – easily contact staff to alert them you are ready to pickup items
- Mobile checkout (when the library building is open again to the public)
- A snapshot of your library account Information including your digital library barcode
- Access to the online library catalog for full account information
Downloading the app
Download the free meeScan app from your phone's app store or use our links below.
Note: when you first download and open the app it will ask for GPS and Camera permissions. For full functionality of the app, we recommend that you select the 'allow when app is open' option.
The first time you log into the app:
- We recommend you allow meeScan to 'take pictures and record video' and 'to access your devices location' while using the app for best functionality.
- Choose the 'activate manually' option
To log in, you will need:
- The Library Activation Code - 84026682
- Your Barcode Number (located on the back of your library card)
- Your Password/Pin (This usually defaults to your 10-digit phone number unless you applied for your card online and set a password then.)
If you have trouble logging in or have forgotten your password and need to reset it, contact the library at 703-248-5031 (TTY 711).
How meeScan Curbside Pickup Works:
- When you arrive at the library (after being notified you have items available), open the meeScan app and click the start button (if this is your first time using the app and you haven't logged in before, see above).
- Click the 'Pickup' tab and then click the 'Let's Get Started' button.
- Enter your phone number or email in the appropriate fields, as well as a brief message including:
- Color and type of car
- Parking spot number
- Any additional information for staff (ex. picking up materials for another family member; just want a craft kit, etc.)
- Then click the 'Request Pickup Now' button
- From here, you will be able to monitor the status of your request, getting live updates as staff completes your pickup request.
Learn more about both our curbside service and meeScan at: