News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/15/2021 11:15:00 AM to 11/15/2021 11:18:17 AM.
More News from the City of Falls Church
Posted on: November 12, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Holiday Events and Donation Drives
Holiday Donation Drives
- Toys for Tots (Donate by Thursday, December 9)
- New, unwrapped toys for children and gifts for teens can be donated in boxes in City Hall (300 Park Ave.; main lobby and the Police Department lobby), the Community Center (223 Little Falls St.), and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library (120 N. Virginia Ave.). Donations are due by close of business on Thursday, December 9.
- Don't forget teens -- they love sports equipment and beauty products, as well as electronics!
- Gift Cards for City Families in Need
- The Housing and Human Services team can give gift cards to clients to help buy necessities. Target and Walmart are preferred.
- Mail or hand-deliver to City of Falls Church, Attn: Housing and Human Services, 300 Park Ave, Suite 102 West, Falls Church, VA 22046; or
- Drop in the yellow drop box outside City Hall, Attn: Housing and Human Services
- Food Drive – Benefitting the Falls Church Community Service Council
- Items accepted at the Falls Church Community Center (223 Little Falls St.) until December 15.
- Visit Falls Church Community Service Council for what can/cannot be donated and a list of most needed items. We are only collecting food items, paper goods, laundry/bath items, NO FURNITURE.
- Food drive is supported by the Teen Council of Recreation and Parks.
- Requested items include:
- apple sauce: 24 oz only (NO snacksizes)
- bath & liquid hand soaps
- diced tomatoes: no salt, 16 oz
- dish liquid
- disinfecting household cleaners
- feminine supplies
- fruit: 16 oz cans
- grape & strawberry jam (NO jelly):16 oz
- hand sanitizer
- healthy snack bars
- instant, caffeinated coffee: 8-12 oz
- laundry detergent
- long pasta: spaghetti, linguine, etc.
- maseca (yellow corn flour)
- mayo: small jars only
- pancake mix & syrup
- paper towels: single rolls
- pasta sauces: 24 oz
- rice: 1-2 lb.
- stews, quick meals & sides
- sugar: 1-2 lb.
- toilet tissue: 4-packs
- tomato sauce: 16 oz
- toothpaste and brushes (NO travelsizes or mega packs)
- UHT (shelf-stable) dairy milk: 32 oz
- vegetable oil: 24 oz