News Flash Home
The original item was published from 11/16/2021 5:06:00 PM to 11/16/2021 5:10:08 PM.
More News from the City of Falls Church
Posted on: November 12, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Holiday Events and Donation Drives
- A Very Victorian Christmas Open House (Saturday, November 27)
- Visit Cherry Hill Farmhouse to enjoy period decorations and learn how Christmas was celebrated by the Blaisdell family in the 1860s. Costumed reenactors welcome guests to experience popular holiday traditions.
- Hosted by the Victorian Society at Falls Church.
- Holiday Gift and Craft Show (Saturday & Sunday, December 4 and 5)
- Just $1 gets you all-weekend access to the gift and craft vendors in the Community Center! More details here.
- Children's Shoppe (Saturday, December 4)
- Children can pick out gifts for the special people in their lives, all priced at $6 or less. This year the Shoppe is located in the Community Center with the Holiday Gift and Craft Show! More details here.
- Watch Night New Year's Eve Celebration (Friday, December 31)
Holiday Donation Drives
- Toys for Tots (Donate by Thursday, December 9)
- New, unwrapped toys for children and gifts for teens can be donated in boxes in City Hall (300 Park Ave.; main lobby and the Police Department lobby), the Community Center (223 Little Falls St.), and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library (120 N. Virginia Ave.). Donations are due by close of business on Thursday, December 9.
- Don't forget teens -- they love sports equipment and beauty products, as well as electronics!
- Gift Cards for City Families in Need (No deadline)
- The Housing and Human Services team can give gift cards to clients to help buy necessities. Target and Walmart are preferred.
- Mail or hand-deliver to City of Falls Church, Attn: Housing and Human Services, 300 Park Ave, Suite 102 West, Falls Church, VA 22046; or
- Drop in the yellow drop box outside City Hall, Attn: Housing and Human Services
- Holiday Coat Drive Benefitting the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota (Donate by December 12)
- Items accepted in the box in the Mary Riley Styles Public Library (120 N. Virginia Ave.) until December 12.
- Donation drive supported by Re-Member.org. Download a flyer here.
- Requested items include new or gently used:
- Winter hooded coats and hooded sweatshirts of all sizes and socks of all sizes
- Baby blankets and Plush animals
- Bars of soap (no plastic bottles) and toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Food Drive Benefitting the Falls Church Community Service Council (Donate by December 15)
- Items accepted at the Falls Church Community Center (223 Little Falls St.) until December 15.
- Food drive is supported by the Teen Council of Recreation and Parks. Download a flyer here (PDF).
- Visit Falls Church Community Service Council website for what can/cannot be donated and a list of most needed items. We are only collecting food items, paper goods, laundry/bath items, NO FURNITURE.
- Requested items include:
- apple sauce: 24 oz only (NO snacksizes)
- bath & liquid hand soaps
- diced tomatoes: no salt, 16 oz
- dish liquid
- disinfecting household cleaners
- feminine supplies
- fruit: 16 oz cans
- grape & strawberry jam (NO jelly):16 oz
- hand sanitizer
- healthy snack bars
- instant, caffeinated coffee: 8-12 oz
- laundry detergent
- long pasta: spaghetti, linguine, etc.
- maseca (yellow corn flour)
- mayo: small jars only
- pancake mix & syrup
- paper towels: single rolls
- pasta sauces: 24 oz
- rice: 1-2 lb.
- stews, quick meals & sides
- sugar: 1-2 lb.
- toilet tissue: 4-packs
- tomato sauce: 16 oz
- toothpaste and brushes (NO travelsizes or mega packs)
- UHT (shelf-stable) dairy milk: 32 oz
- vegetable oil: 24 oz