The Little City Gift Card
Purchase gift cards that can be used at select City of Falls Church businesses. For a limited time, get Bonus Gift Cards! Small businesses and non-profits located in the City may apply to be part of the program here.
A Very Victorian Christmas
- Saturday, November 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Cherry Hill Farmhouse, 312 Park Avenue
- Free event; drop by any time and stay as long as you like!
Start your Christmas season off with a visit to Cherry Hill Farmhouse to see how Christmas was celebrated during the Victorian age. Costumed re-enactors welcome friends and neighbors who gather for some holiday cheer during the 1860s and 1870s. Period decorations, music and Christmas carols, and children’s activities are all part of the festivities.
Lighting of the Trees Celebration
- Monday, November 28 at 6 p.m.
- Hosted by Modera Founders Row, 110 Founders Avenue
- Free event; buy dinner at food trucks
Enjoy the annual lighting of the Broad Street trees at a new location: Modera Founders Row. Buy dinner from food trucks and kick off the holidays with City officials. Rock Star Realty Group will provide hot chocolate and cookies. The City of Falls Church Volunteer Fire Department will escort Santa as well.
Annual Holiday Gift and Craft Show with Children’s Shoppe
- Saturday, December 3 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Children's Shoppe open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $1 ticket for all-weekend entry
- The Children’s Shoppe is free to enter and runs only on Saturday
- Official Event Website
Deck the halls this holiday season with special gifts from the annual two-day event! Nearly 40 crafters and merchants sell unique handmade items, baked goods, and more.
At the Children’s Shoppe, volunteers help kids select gifts for friends and family for $6 or less. Volunteers can also wrap the gifts for free. The Children’s Shoppe is open only on Saturday, December 3 from 10 a.m. to 3 pm.
Don’t miss the live entertainment and raffles on both days.
Reservations are required for this special holiday tea and talk at the historic farmhouse. The house will be decorated in mid-19th century period décor, including a gorgeous tree. Guests will enjoy tea sandwiches, assorted sweets, warm scones, and a bottomless cup of tea. Hosted by the Friends of Cherry Hill Foundation, this program is tailored to adults, but families are welcome.
Holiday Farmers Market
Special guest market vendors sell food and gifts to meet your local food and gift shopping needs! Discover new vendors every week along the sidewalk on Park Avenue!
Wave to Santa from your porch or driveway as the Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) escorts Santa Claus through the City on a fire truck!
Toys for Tots Donation Drive
- Donate before 6 p.m. on Monday, December 12
- Boxes are located in City Hall (300 Park Ave.), the Community Center (223 Little Falls St.), and the Mary Riley Styles Public Library (120 N. Virginia Ave.).
Donate new, unwrapped toys for children and gifts for teens. Donations will be distributed by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve to children and teens in need.
Santa’s Ride Toy Donation Drive
- Dates to be announced soon! Stay tuned here.
The City of Falls Church Sheriff will once again collect toys for children in area hospitals.
Library Foundation Donations and Gifts
Support the Mary Riley Styles Public Library Foundation's annual donation drive -- contributions are tax-deductible. And, shop the new "Little City, Big Readers" merchandise -- perfect for holiday gifting.
Watch Night New Year's Eve Celebration
Celebrate the new year at this volunteer-managed event.