NOTE: WMATA is always the best source for the latest information on this project. Please visit their website, www.wmata.com/service/rail/PlatformProject/.
From the WMATA website on February 14, 2020 (link here):
Parking Impacts begin March 15 at Three Orange Line Stations in Advance of Summer Platform Reconstruction
East Falls Church
- The surface parking lot will be temporarily closed beginning March 15
- The Kiss & Ride lot will remain open for pick-up and drop-off only
- Additional parking is available at Dunn Loring
West Falls Church
- Surface parking lots will be temporarily closed beginning March 15
- The parking garage will remain open
- Parking space will be severely limited and is expected to fill before 7 a.m.
- Parking Lot 1 will be temporarily closed beginning March 15
- The parking garages and Parking Lot 3 (south side) will remain open. The entrances to these lots can be accessed from Saintsburry Rd.
- No parking closed
- Customers who park at Dunn Loring station must use their SmarTrip card to pay for parking to avoid being charged the higher, non-rider fee.
From the WMATA website in January 2020:
Platform Improvement Project: Summer 2020 Stations Announced
The second phase of Metro’s Platform Improvement Project will repair and reconstruct platforms at four outdoor stations on the Orange Line: Vienna, Dunn Loring, West Falls Church and East Falls Church.
Three stations will be closed to customers from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day
- Dunn Loring
- East Falls Church
West Falls Church Station will remain open and serve as the western terminus of the Orange Line. Trains will continue to pass through East Falls Church Station while it is closed to minimize service impacts outside the construction area.
Specific travel alternatives and rail service details will be published in early March.