Subscribe here for an email when major updates are made to this page.
Volunteer and Donation Opportunities
- City of Falls Church Housing and Human Services
- Donations Needed: Homemade face coverings to be distributed to at-risk populations in the City.
- For more information, including questions about patterns or material recommendations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Falls Church Community Services Council (email)
- Email email@example.com to drop off donations so someone can meet you at the church’s pantry. There are no regular pantry hours and donations may not be left outside the building.
- FCS also welcomes Giant gift cards purchased at the Loehmann’s Plaza Giant – there is a donation box available there at the service desk.
- To make a financial donation, please visit www.fcswecare.org and use the donate button. Checks may be mailed to FCS Office, Knox Presbyterian Church, 7416 Arlington Blvd., Falls Church, VA 22042.
- Falls Church Education Foundation (link, email)
- NEW: Reusable cloth face coverings are needed for the schools to help ensure that every child has a face covering every school day. They will be handed out as needed to students. We are accepting all styles, and appreciate all support: website.
- The FCEF Family Assistance Fund provides gift cards to FCCPS students and their families so they can have access to food and basic necessities. Donations for the Family Assistance Fund can be made at: http://www.fcedf.org/donate.html
- Food for Others (Link)
- Medical Reserve Corps
- An official volunteer organization of the Fairfax County Health District, which serves the City of Falls Church, Fairfax County, City of Fairfax, and all towns located in the county (link or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Saint James Church (call 703-532-8815)
- St. James is currently accepting donations of non-perishable food (canned vegetables/fruits/meats, pasta, sauces, rice, etc). No glass jars, expired items nor bulk items, please. Donations can be left in the bins in the vestibule (just inside of the church’s front doors).
- VolunteerFairfax (Link)
- Various volunteer and donation opportunities through Volunteer Fairfax, an official partner of the City of Falls Church.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you go into public, know the risks.
- IF YOU ARE 65 YEARS OR OLDER: Stay home, per CDC guidance. Do not go out in public for volunteer or donation reasons.
- IF YOU ARE SICK: DO NOT go out if you are sick, not even for volunteering or donating. DO NOT volunteer if you are sick. DO NOT donate physical items if you are sick.
- CHILDREN: Not recommended for children as they cannot reliably keep a 6’ distance between themselves and others.
- GROUPS: Do not volunteer in groups of 10 or more. Solo activities are best.
- COVER UP: Wear a mask or face covering to protect others.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
City Information and Resources