Architect and Engineer Seal Requirements

For some jobs, the plans must have a Virginia licensed architect or professional engineer, also known as a Registered Design Professional (RDP), sign and seal the plans. Residential plans are not required to be drawn by an RDP, but if they are, they must be signed and sealed. 

Please refer to the below document for a quick reference to Section 54.1 402 of the Code of Virginia to determine if an A/E or RDP seal on drawings is required for the proposed construction. 

A/E Sealed Drawing Requirements