City Addresses

The mailing address “Falls Church, VA” extends outside the City limits. It is not always straightforward to determine if a given address is within the City of Falls Church or in Fairfax County with a Falls Church mailing address. There is no single, completely definitive way to check an address. This page provides a collection of tools to help.

What's Not in the City of Falls Church
Any address referencing the following is not in the City:

  • Arlington Blvd (Route 50)
  • Bailey’s Crossroads
  • Columbia Pike
  • Lee Hwy (Route 29)
  • Leesburg Pike (Route 7)
  • Seven Corners
  • Skyline

Post Office Zip Code Finder
This Address Finder by the United States Postal Service (USPS) is the most accurate and complete tool for finding out if a property is in the City, although it is not 100% accurate. Search for the address and when it comes up click on the link which says “Show Mailing Industry Details.” If the “County” entry comes up as “Falls Church City,” then the address is probably within the City. Click here to access the site.

Bing Maps
Bing Maps will show the boundaries of jurisdictions. This makes it easy to see if you're proposed work location is in the City of Falls Church.

City Assessor’s Property Finder
The City's Assessment Property Finder works perfectly for single-family dwellings. It is less useful for commercial sites, since it only includes one address for each parcel. For example, Eden Center is addressed from 6751 to 6795 Wilson Blvd. This tool will only find it for 6795. This tool is especially useful on split properties. It has an interactive map to see approximately how the property is split. Click here to access the site.

Split Properties
Several properties are split between the City of Falls Church and either Fairfax County or Arlington County. Building Permits should be obtained from whichever jurisdiction contains the building, or most of the building if it’s a split property. The building code is uniform across the State. Projects with Zoning implications are a bit more complicated. It will probably be necessary to discuss the project with the Zoning offices in both jurisdictions.