We've officially re-opened!. Come see - and use - our newly expanded and renovated library building at 120 N. Virginia Avenue. All visitors to the library (and other City buildings) are required to wear a mask.Learn more...
Located on Columbia Street in a garage behind the home of George West Hawxhurst. (1899)
Post Office Location Moved to the rear of the old Post Office on the 100 block East Broad Street. (1906)
Moved to the old Congregational Church to the following address: 222 N. Washington St., Falls Church, VA 22046 (1915)
Located in the Murphy Building, at the following address: 151 E. Broad St., Falls Church, VA 22046
Broad Street Location
Library moved to the following address: 201 E. Broad St., Falls Church, VA 22046 (1955)
The site for the future library building is given to the city as a "living memorial" to Mary Riley Styles by her children: Elizabeth Styles and Francis Styles. It was located at the following location: 120 N. Virginia Ave., Falls Church, VA 22046 (1953)
The August 18 groundbreaking ceremony proved to be rainy. The Library expanded in 1968, then renovated and expanded again in 1992 and 2020.
The 134 West Broad Street temporary location during renovation and expansion. (1992-1993)
After 1992 Renovation View of entrance from N. Virginia Avenue. (1999)
Temporary Location During 2020-21 Renovation Operated out of a trailer, loaned by FCCPS, at 601 S. Oak Street on the campus of TJ Elementary School (2021)
2021 Library Renovation Rendering View of new entrance on corner of Park Avenue and N. Virginia Avenue. (2021)