Community Grants

The City of Falls Church participates in a number of grants. Read below for more information, or contact Human Services by calling 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or via email.

Community Development Block Grant

The City of Falls Church participates with Arlington County to receive the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds.

The grant funds have assisted persons with low and moderate incomes by providing much-needed services, housing, and facilities. All requests for funding are reviewed by the Housing Commission and approved by the City Council during the city's annual proposal review cycle.

The program year runs from July 1 through June 30 of each year and funding is provided at the beginning of the fiscal year. Although funding allocations vary from year to year, the City of Falls Church normally receives an allocation of approximately $60,000 in CDBG funds and $21,000 in HOME funds for a program year. CDBG applications are available in August and due in September each year.

Community Services Fund

The Community Services Fund (CSF) provides approximately $80,000 in grants for human service programs and activities. Previous funded programs include legal services, housing counseling, emergency assistance, services to the blind, and regional health planning. Applications are available in November and due in December each year. Visit this webpage for details.

Affordable Housing Fund

The City of Falls Church Affordable Housing Fund (AHF) provides funding both to maintain existing affordable housing and to develop additional affordable housing opportunities for households with a gross income less than 120% of the area median income. Applications may be submitted at any time by nonprofit organizations, for-profit organizations, or the City of Falls Church general government.

Learn more about the Affordable Housing Fund.