Emergency Assistance

City residents that have experienced temporary setbacks may contact Housing and Human Services to discuss financial and nonfinancial emergency assistance by calling 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or via email. Staff provide personalized service by considering each household's unique circumstances.

All city residents are offered the opportunity to work with staff to develop a plan for self-sufficiency, regardless of whether or not financial assistance is offered.