October 3, 2020
217 Gordon Road
Falls Church, VA 22046
Free for City Residents. Proof of residency required.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
For City of Falls Church residents only. Recycle electronics, computers, eye glasses, bikes, clothing, textiles, batteries and more. Shred up to three boxes of documents. And, properly dispose of consumer products that are either toxic, ignitable, corrosive, or reactive.
The City of Falls Church's annual Recycling Extravangaza returns on Saturday, October 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Recycling Center, located at 217 Gordon Rd. Residents can drop off materials that are not allowed in their curbside collection carts, including Hazardous Household Waste (HHW), and bring specified items for donation.
Residents will be required to show ID or proof of City of Falls Church residency in order to drop off items and materials at this year's Recycling Extravaganza. Residents will also be asked to stay in their vehicles and allow event staff to remove items and materials.
Materials and items collected at this year's Recycling Extravaganza include:
- Hazardous Household Waste (HHW) such as household cleaners, automotive fluids, herbicides, pesticides, oil-based paints, fluorescent bulbs, and petroleum based products.
- Electronics, including computers and computer components, rechargeable batteries, printers, printer cartridges, fax machines, copiers, TVs, VCRs, telephones, cell phones, answering machines, and small kitchen appliances. Large kitchen appliances, like refrigerators or laundry machines, are not accepted.
- Shredded paper, up to three boxes.
- Usable items that can be donated at the event include:
- Wheel chairs, walkers, and crutches;
- Clothing, clothing accessories (such as belts and purses), and textiles (such as bed and bath linens and curtains). Clean scrap cloth is also accepted;
- Large kitchen appliances and other medical items (including medicine/drugs and syringes) are not accepted at the event.