The City of Falls Church Housing and Human Services (HHS) team will help local families with free school supplies. Donations for all ages – and especially middle and high school students – can be delivered to City Hall (300 Park Ave.) through Friday, August 13.
"In this challenging time, some families in the City have a difficult time stretching already tight budgets to buy school supplies," said HHS Director Nancy Vincent. "While we appreciate all donations of new items, we find that year after year, gift cards to stores are the most appreciated. Students get so much joy and feel empowered to pick out their own school supplies."
The donation drive coincides with the Virginia Sales Tax Holiday on school supplies from August 6 through 8. The following items are most needed in new, unused, unopened condition:
- Gift Cards to Staples, Giant, and Target so students may experience the empowerment and joy of choosing their own school supplies.
- Donation to School Family Assistance Program (make check payable to “Mount Daniel Elementary School” and write Family Assistance Fund on memo area)
- Binders (1”, 1.5”, 2”)
- Binder dividers
- Double-pocket folders
- Spiral notebooks (wide rule)
- Loose leaf paper (wide rule)
- Graphing notebook
- Index cards
- Post-it Notes
- Pens, pencils, markers, and highlighters (no crayons)
- Pencil boxes
- Hand sanitizer and tissues
Questions may be directed to HHS, 703-248-5005 (TTY 711) or email@example.com.