Holidays in The Little City!
- We hope you choose to spend the holiday season with us!
- Information on all City holiday happenings can be found here.
- Leaf Collection
- Schedule and preparation tips.
- Here are some environment-friendly alternatives:
- Leave Your Leaves
- As leaves decompose, they enrich the soil, create composting mixtures and fertilizers, act as a winter blanket that protects plants that form habitats for hibernating insects, and lessen pollutants.
- Mulch Mowing
- Tip: Adjust lawn mowers to the mulch setting. As you mow, the leaves will become part of the grass, eliminating raking, bagging, and hauling leaves around.
- Backyard Composting
- Build or place a compost bin in your backyard and use leaf remnants for gardening! You can also throw food scraps and other yard waste in your composter, reducing need for fertilizer, saving landfill space, and creating nutritious soil.
- Learn more about the City's compositing program and backyard composting workshops.
Recent Council Action Highlights
Subscribe to Focus on Falls Church
- City news at your fingertips
- Emailed weekly on Thursdays
The City of Falls Church is committed to the letter and spirit of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) year-round. To request a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability, call (703) 248-5210 (TTY 711).