What if I want to redevelop my property?
You may redevelop your property as long as there is no additional encroachment into the RPA and no increase in pollution. The Stormwater Ordinance, Chapter 35, contains specific provisions to handle cases where applying the RPA would mean the loss of buildable area. For lots that existed before March 2002, the ordinance allows an encroachment into the first 50 feet of the RPA only if it is found that there is no reasonable alternative and measures are taken to mitigate the impacts on water quality. Any encroachment greater than 50 feet must go through an exceptions process.

Show All Answers

1. What is a perennial stream?
2. If my home is within an RPA, can I still make an addition?
3. Are decks allowed within the RPA?
4. Are new sheds allowed within the RPA?
5. Can I remove vegetation within an RPA?
6. What if I want to redevelop my property?
7. What is the exception process?
8. Are there penalties for violating RPA restrictions?
9. Where can I find additional information?
10. What is a Resource Protection Area (RPA)?
11. How do I know if my property is within the RPA?
12. What an I allowed to do within the RPA?